Simple crafts make fun educational activities. For a recent preschool lesson on birds, my daughter and I made a nest from a paper plate and some colored paper.
- Paper plate
- Brown and blue construction paper
- Brown paint
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate brown.
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Cut the brown paper into small strips.
- Glue the brown strips onto the inside of the paper plate halves along the flat edge.
- Cut ovals from the blue paper.
- Glue the ovals onto the inside of one paper plate half along the flat edge.
- Glue the paper plate halves together with the bottoms facing out. Spread glue around the outside edge only leaving the center cut open.
For another nest craft, try my N Is for Nest Handprint Craft.
Paper Plate Bird Nest Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson