Paper plates are a cheap and easy medium when crafting with little ones. My daughter and I especially love making all sorts of animals with paper plates. During our preschool homeschool lesson on reptiles, my daughter and I created a paper plate lizard.
- Paper plate
- Toilet paper roll
- Green and yellow paint
- Red construction paper
- Cut the toilet paper roll into two one-inch sections.
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate and the toilet paper roll sections green.
- Paint the top of the paper plate yellow.
- Fold the paper plate in half.
- Glue the toilet paper rolls on top of the paper plate to form eyes.
- Cut a wiggly tongue from the red construction paper.
- Glue the red tongue in the middle of the bottom of the inside of the fold paper plate.
Paper Plate Lizard Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson