My kiddos and I love snacking on fresh peaches. As the summer continues, we are watching our two peach trees anxiously for fresh fruit of our own. My mom recently bought us a huge box of freshly picked peaches. While my children and I have been eating quite a bit raw, I also like to bake some tasty treats with fresh fruit. One recipe that I made last week that my daughter absolutely love was a sweet and crunchy peach crisp. The baked dessert is perfect for warm summer weather!
- 4 cups of diced peaches
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Place the diced peaches in an ungreased glass baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and oats.
- Pour the oat mixture over the peaches
- Evenly space dollops of the butter over the top of the oat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and lightly browned.
- Refrigerate any uneaten peach crisp.
In the fall, try my Apple-Squash Crisp Recipe.
Peach Crisp Recipe © 2017 Heather Johnson
Peaches for Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Oats for Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Oats and Sugar for Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Oats, Sugar, Cinnamon, and Cloves for Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Covering the Peaches with the Oat Mixture for Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Putting Dollops of Butter on the Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Baking the Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson
Peach Crisp © 2017 Heather Johnson