Upon discovering that I am no longer allergic to pecans last month, I started keeping an eye out for yummy pecan recipes. While perusing Christmas cookies, I came across a recipe for almond snowball cookies. Because of my new love of pecans, I modified the recipe to fit my tastes. The results were quite yummy, and I have a new cookie to add to my Christmas collection.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of ground pecans
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture.
- Add the pecans. Mix thoroughly,
- Roll the dough into one-inch balls
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottoms start browning.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly.
- Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar.
- Store the pecan snowball cookies in an airtight container.
Pecan Snowball Cookies Recipe © 2014 Heather Johnson
Softened Butter in Mixing Bowl © 2014 Heather Johnson
Creaming the Butter and Sugar © 2014 Heather Johnson
Butter, Sugar, and Flour in Mixing Bowl © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding the Ground Pecans © 2014 Heather Johnson
Unbaked Pecan Snowball Cookies © 2014 Heather Johnson
Baked Pecan Snowball Cookies © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished Pecan Snowball Cookies © 2014 Heather Johnson
Pecan Snowball Cookies © 2014 Heather Johnson