My daughter and I love making crafts together. To incorporate a Christmas craft into a recent homeschool preschool review on shapes, she and I made a simple Christmas garland from paper ornaments decorated with smaller shapes.
- Color paper
- Cut some colored paper into the shape of glass Christmas ornaments.
- Cut more colored paper into smaller circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, ovals, diamonds-rhombuses, stars, hearts, moons-crescents, and octagons.
- Glue the shapes onto the ornaments.
- Glue two decorated ornaments back-to-back with a long piece of yarn between the two ornaments. Continue gluing the decorated ornaments to the yarn to create a Christmas garland.
- Display the shape ornaments Christmas garland.
For another fun Christmas craft, try my Making Salt Dough Ornaments for Christmas, Christmas Tree Handprint-Fingerprint Craft, Pinecone Christmas Tree Craft, Christmas Tree Popsicle Stick Ornament Craft, Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Craft, Beaded Yarn Christmas Tree Craft, and Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft.
Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland Preschool Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Construction Paper Circles © 2014 Heather Johnson
Construction Paper Shapes © 2014 Heather Johnson
Gluing Small Shapes on Paper Circles © 2014 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Paper Ornaments to Yarn © 2014 Heather Johnson
Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland © 2014 Heather Johnson
Hanging the Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland 1 © 2014 Heather Johnson
Hanging the Shape Ornaments Christmas Garland 2 © 2014 Heather Johnson