Back in November, my daughter and I made Thanksgiving turkeys from cinnamon-scented pinecones. Now as Christmas quickly approaches, she and I have been hard at work making Christmas crafts. One of our recent crafts was Christmas trees made from pinecones. She and I again used cinnamon-scented pinecones for some extra holiday cheer, but you can use plain pinecones as well.
- Green paint
- Small beads
- Paint the pinecones with the green paint.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Glue the small beads all over the painted pinecones. Use plenty of glue to ensure a tight bond.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Display the pinecone Christmas trees.
For more fun Christmas tree craft ideas, try my Christmas Tree Handprint-Fingerprint Craft, Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft, Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Craft, Beaded Yarn Christmas Tree Craft, and Paper Plate Wall Christmas Tree Craft.
Pinecone Christmas Tree Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Three Cinnamon-Scented Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Painting the Pinecones Green © 2015 Heather Johnson
Green Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing Beads to the Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pinecone Christmas Trees © 2015 Heather Johnson