As my daughter and I prepare for the upcoming holidays, she and I have been hard at work making crafts for Thanksgiving. One of our recent crafts was a couple of pinecone and construction paper turkeys! She and I used cinnamon-scented pinecones for some extra holiday cheer, but you can use plain pinecones as well.
- Cut the red, orange, yellow, and brown construction paper into elongated ovals.
- Glue the ovals along one edge of the bottom of the pinecone to form turkey feathers. Use plenty of glue to ensure a tight bond.
- Cut a small triangle from the orange paper and a wiggly shape from the red paper.
- Glue the orange triangle onto the top of the pinecone.
- Glue the red wiggle shape to the side of the orange triangle.
- Glue two wiggle eyes above the orange triangle.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
Pinecone and Construction Paper Turkey Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cinnamon Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Brown, Yellow, Orange, and Red Construction Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Construction Paper into Elongated Ovals © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Construction Paper Ovals to the Pinecone © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Construction Paper Ovals to the Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing Small Wiggle Eyes to the Pinecone © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing an Orange Construction Paper Triangle to the Pinecone © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pinecone and Construction Paper Turkey © 2015 Heather Johnson