My daughter and I have been busy the past few weeks making crafts for Thanksgiving. For one of our most recent crafts, she and I made turkeys from toilet paper rolls.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Brown paint
- Red, orange, and yellow construction paper
- Small wiggle eyes
- Brown marker
- Cut the toilet paper roll into a turkey shape using the template included below.
- Paint the toilet paper roll turkey brown.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Cut the red, orange, and yellow construction paper into feather shapes.
- Draw veins on the construction paper feathers.
- Glue the feathers on the back of the toilet paper roll turkey.
- Cut two triangles from the orange or yellow paper.
- Glue the triangles to the bottom of the toilet paper roll to create turkey feet.
- Cut a tiny triangle from the yellow paper and a tiny wiggly shape from the red paper.
- Glue the yellow triangle onto the head of the turkey to create a beak.
- Glue the red wiggly shape next to the beak.
- Glue a small wiggle eye above the yellow triangle on the turkey head.
For more fun turkey crafts, try my Pinecone and Pipe Cleaner Turkey Craft, Pinecone and Construction Paper Turkey Craft, Heart Turkey Craft, and Turkey Handprint Craft.
Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Turkey Template © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Toilet Paper Rolls into Turkeys © 2015 Heather Johnson
Painting the Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys Brown © 2015 Heather Johnson
Decorating a Toilet Paper Roll Turkey with Construction Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson