My daughter and I have been busy the past few weeks making crafts for Thanksgiving. For one of our most recent crafts, she and I made turkeys from toilet paper rolls.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Brown paint
- Red, orange, and yellow construction paper
- Small wiggle eyes
- Brown marker
- Cut the toilet paper roll into a turkey shape using the template included below.
- Paint the toilet paper roll turkey brown.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Cut the red, orange, and yellow construction paper into feather shapes.
- Draw veins on the construction paper feathers.
- Glue the feathers on the back of the toilet paper roll turkey.
- Cut two triangles from the orange or yellow paper.
- Glue the triangles to the bottom of the toilet paper roll to create turkey feet.
- Cut a tiny triangle from the yellow paper and a tiny wiggly shape from the red paper.
- Glue the yellow triangle onto the head of the turkey to create a beak.
- Glue the red wiggly shape next to the beak.
- Glue a small wiggle eye above the yellow triangle on the turkey head.
Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Turkey Template © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Toilet Paper Rolls into Turkeys © 2015 Heather Johnson
Painting the Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys Brown © 2015 Heather Johnson
Decorating a Toilet Paper Roll Turkey with Construction Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson