Over the past few weeks, my daughter and I have been hard at work making crafts for Thanksgiving. One of our most recent crafts was a flock of pinecone and pipe cleaner turkeys! She and I used cinnamon-scented pinecones for some extra holiday cheer, but you can use plain pinecones as well.
- Cut some orange, yellow, and black pipe cleaners in half.
- Fold the pipe cleaners in half and twist the ends to for elongated ovals.
- Glue the pipe cleaner ovals along one edge of the bottom of the pinecone to form turkey feathers. Use plenty of glue to ensure a tight bond.
- Cut an orange pipe cleaner into small pieces.
- Bend and twist the orange pipe cleaner pieces into triangles.
- Glue the orange pipe cleaner triangle onto the top of the pinecone.
- Glue two wiggle eyes above the orange triangle.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
Pinecone and Pipe Cleaner Turkey Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cinnamon Pinecone © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Pipe Cleaners in Half © 2015 Heather Johnson
Twisting the Pipe Cleaners into Ovals © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Pipe Cleaner Ovals to the Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Bending Orange Pipe Cleaners into Triangles © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Orange Pipe Cleaner Triangles to the Pinecones © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Wiggle Eyes to the Pinecone © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pinecone and Pipe Cleaner Turkey © 2015 Heather Johnson