Baking cookies is a holiday tradition in my home, and peanut butter Kiss cookies are a favorite among my family. This year I also began experimenting with Christmas cookies made with boxed cake mixes. I recently made a batch of delicious butter cake crinkles using some butter recipe yellow cake mix. Because I love the light chewy butter flavor so much, I then modified the recipe to make some equally delicious butter cake blossom cookies.
- 1 box of butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- chocolate Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Unwrap the chocolate Kisses.
- Combine the powdered sugar and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Beat together the softened butter and eggs in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the cake mix to the butter mixture. Combine thoroughly.
- Drop teaspoons of the cookie dough into the powdered sugar mixture.
- Roll the dough ball in the powdered sugar until thoroughly covered.
- Form the powdered sugar-covered dough into a ball.
- Place the powdered sugar-covered dough ball on an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave 2 inches between the dough balls.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate Kiss into the centers of the baked cookies.
- Allow the baked cookies to rest for a minute before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool and the chocolate Kiss to harden.
- Store the butter cake blossom cookies in an airtight container.
Butter Cake Blossom Cookies Recipe © 2015 Heather Johnson
Ingredients for Butter Cake Blossom Cookies © 2015 Heather Johnson
Butter and Eggs for Butter Cake Blossom Cookies © 2015 Heather Johnson
Butter Cake Blossom Cookies Dough © 2015 Heather Johnson
Unbaked Butter Cake Blossom Cookies © 2015 Heather Johnson
Adding the Chocolate Kisses to the Butter Cake Blossom Cookies © 2015 Heather Johnson
Butter Cake Blossom Cookies Ready to Eat © 2015 Heather Johnson