I love crafting for the holidays! As you can imagine, my daughter and I have filled our house with oodles of handmade Christmas crafts. One of our recent crafts was a pair of beaded yarn Christmas trees.
- Blank paper
- Green and yellow yarn
- Small beads
- Seed beads
- Small buttons
- Dark felt
- Draw the outline of a Christmas tree on the blank paper.
- Draw the outline of a star on top of the tree.
- Trace the outlines with glue.
- Cover the glue with the green and yellow yarn to form a green Christmas tree with a yellow star.
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Fill the yarn outlines with a thick layer of glue.
- Fill the yellow star outline with yellow beads.
- Fill the green tree outline with small beads and buttons.
- Fill in the remaining Christmas tree with seed beads.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Cut a small rectangle from the felt.
- Glue the felt rectangle to the bottom of the Christmas tree.
Beaded Yarn Christmas Tree Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
White Paper and Yellow and Green Yarn © 2015 Heather Johnson
Drawing Christmas Tree Outlines on the White Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Green Yarn on the Christmas Tree Outline © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing Yellow Yarn Star Outlines © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling the Yellow Star Outlines with Yellow Beads © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling the Green Tree Outline with Glue © 2015 Heather Johnson
Decorating the Christmas Tree Outline with Beads and Button © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling in the Christmas Tree Outline with Seed Beads © 2015 Heather Johnson
Beaded Yarn Christmas Trees © 2015 Heather Johnson