I love crafting for the holidays! As you can imagine, my daughter and I have filled our house with oodles of handmade Christmas crafts. One of our recent crafts was a pair of beaded yarn Christmas trees.
- Blank paper
- Green and yellow yarn
- Small beads
- Seed beads
- Small buttons
- Dark felt
- Draw the outline of a Christmas tree on the blank paper.
- Draw the outline of a star on top of the tree.
- Trace the outlines with glue.
- Cover the glue with the green and yellow yarn to form a green Christmas tree with a yellow star.
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Fill the yarn outlines with a thick layer of glue.
- Fill the yellow star outline with yellow beads.
- Fill the green tree outline with small beads and buttons.
- Fill in the remaining Christmas tree with seed beads.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Cut a small rectangle from the felt.
- Glue the felt rectangle to the bottom of the Christmas tree.
For more fun Christmas tree crafts, try my Paper Plate Wall Christmas Tree Craft and Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft.
Beaded Yarn Christmas Tree Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
White Paper and Yellow and Green Yarn © 2015 Heather Johnson
Drawing Christmas Tree Outlines on the White Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Green Yarn on the Christmas Tree Outline © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing Yellow Yarn Star Outlines © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling the Yellow Star Outlines with Yellow Beads © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling the Green Tree Outline with Glue © 2015 Heather Johnson
Decorating the Christmas Tree Outline with Beads and Button © 2015 Heather Johnson
Filling in the Christmas Tree Outline with Seed Beads © 2015 Heather Johnson
Beaded Yarn Christmas Trees © 2015 Heather Johnson