S is for snail! Help your toddler learn about the letter S by making a fun snail handprint craft.
- Red and pink nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some red paint and pink onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of red paint on your child’s palm and another cotton ball to spread a thin layer of pink paint on your child’s thumb.
- Press the fingerless handprint into the center of the paper.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use a paintbrush to paint an eye and two antennae in red on the thumb of the handprint.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “S is for snail” in pink on the paper.
For another fun snail craft, try my Valentine’s Day Heart Snail Craft.
S Is for Snail Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Pink and Red Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Red Palm Print with Pink Thumbprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding a Red Eye and Red Antennae © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished S Is for Snail Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed S Is for Snail Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson