I love potato salad, especially during the warm summer months. I also recently discovered toasted sesame seed oil, which is an ingredient in our family-favorite bulgogi recipe. The smoky flavor pairs perfectly with the potatoes in this summer potato salad recipe.
- 15 ounces of potatoes
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil
- Dice the potatoes.
- Boil the diced potatoes until soft but not mushy.
- Drain the cooked potatoes.
- Chill the cooked potatoes.
- Chop the green onions.
- Combine the chilled potatoes, shredded carrots, and green onions in a bowl.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the toasted sesame seed oil and stir to coat.
- Salt and pepper the vegetables to taste.
- Serve the summer potato salad cold.
- Refrigerate any uneaten summer potato salad.
Summer Potato Salad Recipe © 2022 Heather Johnson
Potatoes for Summer Potato Salad © 2022 Heather Johnson
Carrots for Summer Potato Salad © 2022 Heather Johnson
Green Onions for Summer Potato Salad © 2022 Heather Johnson
Oil and Seasoning for Summer Potato Salad © 2022 Heather Johnson
Summer Potato Salad © 2022 Heather Johnson