As a mother of four, I love filling meals that are easy to make. Casseroles make perfect dinners that I can whip up quickly. Filled with savory beef seasoned with onion, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce and topped with crispy tater tots, this tater tot casserole is a new favorite in my house. Preparing the dish takes about twenty minutes, and the entire meal is ready to serve and eat in less than an hour. Tater tot casserole is a definite favorite in The Parenting Patch household!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 15-ounce can of green beans
- 10.75-ounce can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups thawed frozen tater tots
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef in a medium pan until browned.
- Drain excess fat from the cooked ground beef. Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the diced onions to the beef and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic to the beef and onions and cook for another minute.
- Remove the beef mixture from the heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup evenly over the beef mixture.
- Spread the green beans evenly over the cream of mushroom soup.
- Salt and pepper the green beans to taste.
- Spread the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the green beans.
- Spread the tater tots evenly over the cheddar cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until the tater tots are crispy.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any uneaten tater tot casserole.
For another casserole idea, check out my Scalloped Cabbage Casserole Recipe.
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe © 2022 Heather Johnson
Ground Beef for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Onions for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Garlic for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Worcestershire Sauce for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Cream of Mushroom Soup for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Green Beans for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Cheddar Cheese for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Tater Tots for Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Cooked Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson
Tater Tot Casserole © 2022 Heather Johnson