Apple crisp is one of my favorite apple recipes. I love the mix of sweet apples with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. With two apple trees in my yard, I have plenty of apples to make one of my favorite and super easy desserts.
- 6 cups of chopped apples
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Mix the chopped apples with the 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the apple mixture in an ungreased glass baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and oats.
- Pour the oat mixture over the apples.
- Evenly space dollops of the butter over the top of the oat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and lightly browned.
Apple Crisp Recipe © 2013 Heather Johnson
Apple Crisp © 2013 Heather Johnson