I know that autumn has arrived when I start seeing caramel apples at the grocery store. With two apple trees in my yard, I have plenty of my own apples, so why not make my own caramel-covered apples? Making this sweet and sticky fall treat is super easy and super tasty!
- 6 large apples
- 14 ounces of individually-wrapped plain caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 food-safe wooden sticks
- Optional: crushed peanuts
- Thoroughly wash the apples to remove any pesticides and wax residue.
- Remove the stem from each apple.
- Insert a wooden stick into the core of each apple.
- Unwrap the caramels.
- Melt together the caramel candies and milk in a sauce pan. Stir constantly to avoid burning the caramel.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip the apples into the warm caramel.
- Rolled the dipped apples in the crushed peanuts.
- Place the caramel apples on a sheet of wax paper.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.
Caramel Apple Recipe © 2015 Heather Johnson
Caramel Apples © 2015 Heather Johnson