Autumn is my favorite time of the year. One of my favorite parts of the season is apples. I have two apple trees in my yard, so I get plenty of homegrown apples each fall. One recipe that I love making for my family is apple butter. My homemade recipe is super easy to make in a slow cooker.
- 8 apples
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Wash and slice the apples. Do not remove the skins.
- Place the apple slices in a large pot and cover with water.
- Cook the apples over medium-low heat until the apples are soft and the water has boiled off.
- Allow the cooked apples to cool slightly.
- Transfer cooked apples to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine the cinnamon, cloves, allspice, sugar, and honey in a slow cooker.
- Add the apples to the slow cooker.
- Stir the apple and spice mixture thoroughly.
- Turn the slow cooker on low.
- Heat for 4 to 6 hours or until the apple butter thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Allow the apple butter to cool.
- Can the apple butter or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Easy Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe © 2015 Heather Johnson
Washing Apples for Apple Butter © 2015 Heather Johnson
Uncooked Chopped Apples for Apple Butter © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cooked Chopped Apples for Apple Butter © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pouring the Apple Puree in the Slow Cooker © 2015 Heather Johnson
Adding Spices and Sweeteners to the Apple Puree © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cooking the Apple Butter © 2015 Heather Johnson
Easy Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter © 2013 Heather Johnson
Jars of Easy Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Butter © 2015 Heather Johnson