I love decorating inside and outside my house during the Halloween season. Last week while driving through my town, I noticed that one of my neighbors had decorated their front sidewalk with adorable little ghosts. I immediately made my own Halloween ghosts out of some plastic bags that I already had at home. I then stuck the ghosts out in front of my house next to my scarecrow. My daughter now loves checking on our Halloween ghosties through the front window throughout the day. If you are looking for an easy outdoor decoration for Halloween, try my easy Halloween ghost yard decorations made from recycled and repurposed materials you probably already have in your home.
- White plastic garbage bags
- White plastic grocery bags
- Unsharpened pencils (or small sticks)
- Twist ties
- Cut the white garbage bag into squares using the scissors. I cut one garbage bag into four squares.
- Roll a plastic grocery bag into a ball.
- Place the ball and the eraser side of a pencil into the center of a white square.
- Wrap the white square around the ball and pencil.
- Use a twist tie to secure the white square around the ball and pencil.
- Push the pencil into the ground to display your Halloween ghosts.
Easy Halloween Ghost Yard Decorations © 2013 Heather Johnson
Plastic Garbage Bags and Pencils © 2013 Heather Johnson
Cutting the White Garbage Bag into Squares © 2013 Heather Johnson
Rolling the Plastic Bag Ball © 2013 Heather Johnson
Placing the Ball in the Center of the White Square © 2013 Heather Johnson
Inserting the Pencil © 2013 Heather Johnson
Tying the Twist Tie © 2013 Heather Johnson
Finished Plastic Bag Halloween Ghost © 2013 Heather Johnson
Plastic Bag Halloween Ghost on Display Outside © 2013 Heather Johnson
Plastic Bag Halloween Ghosts on Display Outside 1 © 2013 Heather Johnson
Plastic Bag Halloween Ghosts on Display Outside 2 © 2013 Heather Johnson