- 1/2 pound of flounder fillets
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup of sweet corn
- black pepper
- Whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch, ground ginger, and garlic powder in a large pot until thoroughly combined with no lumps.
- Dice the flounder fillets.
- Add the diced flounder to the chicken broth mixture.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a measuring cup.
- Chop the green onions.
- Heat the chicken broth mixture over high heat until boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the boiling chicken broth mixture from the heat.
- Slowly whisk in the egg mixture in a circular motion to create egg ribbons.
- Add the green onions and corn.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the flounder egg drop soup hot.
Flounder Egg Drop Soup © 2015 Heather Johnson