Pistachios are my favorite nut. I recently purchased a bottle of Monin pistachio syrup to try in my coffee. I was immediately hooked on the delicious pistachio flavor! I have also been experimenting with different recipes lately, and I decided to try making a pistachio chicken. I created a simple marinade for the chicken. Paired with crush pistachios, the pistachio chicken was an immediate hit in my house.
- 1.5 pounds of chicken
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of pistachio syrup
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 1 cup of pistachios, crushed
- Combine the chicken broth, pistachio syrup, salt, and yellow mustard in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Dice the chicken into small pieces.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade.
- Marinade the chicken overnight.
- Cook the marinated chicken in a large frying pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the crushed pistachios.
- Serve the pistachio chicken hot over rice.
- Refrigerate any uneaten pistachio chicken.
Pistachio Chicken Recipe © 2022 Heather Johnson
Marinade and Chicken for Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Marinading the Chicken for Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Uncooked Chicken for Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Cooked Chicken for Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Pistachios for Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Finished Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson
Pistachio Chicken with Rice and Veggies © 2022 Heather Johnson
Pistachio Chicken © 2022 Heather Johnson