I have always enjoyed making crafts, especially for the holidays, and I have continued the tradition with my children. Last year for our homeschool lesson on stars, my daughter and I made a simple but fun star craft using popsicle sticks and beads. Once the Christmas season began and my daughter helped me deck the halls and trim the trees, I hung her star craft on my Christmas tree, adding the homemade decoration to my collection of treasured ornaments.
- 5 popsicle sticks
- Flat beads or jewels
- Arrange the popsicle sticks to form a star.
- Glue the popsicle sticks together.
- After the glue dries, paint the popsicle stick star.
- After the paint dries, decorate the popsicle stick star with flat beads or jewels.
- Loop a circle of yarn around one corner of the star.
- Hang the popsicle stick star.
For more ornament ideas, try my Salt Dough Ornaments, Paper Christmas Ornament Craft, and Christmas Tree Popsicle Stick Ornament Craft. For more star craft ideas, try my Star Person Craft, Patriotic Craft Stick Star Wreath Craft, and Patriotic Star Wreath Craft.
Popsicle Stick Star Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson