The walls of my home are currently decked out in tons of red, white, and blue crafts for the Fourth of July. For the summer months of the year from Memorial Day through Labor Day, I decorate my living room with red, white, and blue lights. My daughter and I have made tons of crafts over the past few weeks to add to the patriotism and festivities. Last year for Valentine’s Day, she and I made some adorable heart person crafts. Inspired by the idea, we recently made star people from construction paper.
- Cut one large star from the blue construction paper.
- Cut four small stars from the white construction paper
- Cut four strips from the red construction paper.
- Accordion fold the red strips.
- Glue one end of each red strip to the large star.
- Glue a small star to the other end of each red strip.
- Glue two wiggle eyes on the front of the large star.
- Display the patriotic star person.
For more fun patriotic fireworks crafts, try my Deco Mesh Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Patriotic Cup Lantern Craft, Patriotic Paper Lantern Craft, Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Paint Craft, Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft, Patriotic Duck-oration Wreath, and Patriotic Dish Brush Fireworks Paint Craft.
Star Person Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Supplies for Star Person Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting Paper Pieces for Star Person Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Red Strips on the Large Glue Star © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the White Stars on the Red Strips © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Star Person Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Star People © 2016 Heather Johnson