Construction paper is such a versatile crafting medium. I always keep a huge stack of the colored paper in my craft supplies. Over the past few weeks, my daughter and I have been hard at work making patriotic crafts for the Fourth of July. One of our most recent crafts were some simple but fun red, white, and blue patriotic paper lanterns.
- Cut the red paper into thin wiggly strips of equal length.
- Cut the blue paper into two wide panels.
- Cut the white paper into stars.
- Glue the red wiggly strips to one wide blue panel.
- Glue the second wide blue panel to the opposite end of the red wiggly strips.
- Turn the strips over.
- Glue the white stars to the red wiggly strips.
- Roll the wide blue panels into circles and glue.
- Poke to holes across from each other in one wide blue panel.
- Thread yarn through the holes and tie.
- Display the patriotic paper lantern.
For more fun patriotic fireworks crafts, try my Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Paint Craft, Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft, Patriotic Duck-oration Wreath, Deco Mesh Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, and Patriotic Dish Brush Fireworks Paint Craft.
Patriotic Paper Lantern Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Red, White, and Blue Construction Paper © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Red Paper into Wiggly Strips © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Blue Paper into Wide Panels © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting White Construction Paper Stars © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Red Wiggly Strips onto a Wide Blue Panel © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Second Wide Blue Panel to the Red Wiggly Strips © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing White Stars on the Red Wiggly Strips © 2016 Heather Johnson
Adding the Yarn to the Paper Lantern © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Patriotic Paper Lantern Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Patriotic Paper Lantern Crafts © 2016 Heather Johnson