My kids and I love making crafts together for each holiday. For the summer months of the year from Memorial Day through Labor Day, I decorate my living room with red, white, and blue lights. To add to the patriotism, my daughter and I have been hard at work the past few days making red, white, and blue crafts. For our first craft, we made some super fun and super cool paint fireworks using old toilet paper rolls.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Red, white, and blue acrylic paint
- Black construction paper
- Scrap cardboard or paper plate
- Use the scissors to cut one end of the toilet paper roll into thin fringe.
- Flatten the fringe against a flat surface.
- Pour red, white, and blue paint on the scrap cardboard or paper plate.
- Press the toilet paper roll into the paint.
- Stamp the paint onto the black construction paper.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
- Display the patriotic fireworks.
For more fun patriotic crafts, try my Patriotic Duck-oration Wreath, Deco Mesh Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Star Person Craft, Patriotic Cup Lantern Craft, Patriotic Paper Lantern Craft, Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft, and Patriotic Dish Brush Fireworks Paint Craft.
Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Paint Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Toilet Paper Roll and Black Construction Paper © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting Fringe on the Toilet Paper Roll © 2016 Heather Johnson
Flattening the Toilet Paper Roll Fringe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Blue, White, and Red Acrylic Paint © 2016 Heather Johnson
Stamping Red Fireworks © 2016 Heather Johnson
Stamping Red, White, and Blue Fireworks © 2016 Heather Johnson
Red, White, and Blue Stamped Fireworks © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Paint Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson