My daughter loves the television show Sarah & Duck. In the first episode, Sarah plants shallots in her front garden. While grocery shopping recently, my daughter saw some shallots for sale and insisted on buying some to try. Last week I made some zucchini fritters with onions and green onions. Today I made some new zucchini fritters with shallots and potato. My family loved my new recipe even more than the first!
- 1 small zucchini or zucchini squash
- 1 medium potato
- 3 large shallots
- 1/2 cup of corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- Shred the zucchini and potato.
- Chop the shallots into small pieces.
- Combine the vegetables in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the corn meal, salt, and egg to the bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Pour olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet.
- Heat the olive oil over low heat.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the fritter batter into the hot oil.
- Cook the zucchini fritters on both sides until lightly browned.
- Remove the lightly browned fritters from the skillet and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Serve the warm zucchini fritters with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Refrigerate any uneaten zucchini fritters.
Shallot Potato Zucchini Fritters Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Zucchini, Shallots, and Potato © 2016 Heather Johnson
Shredding the Zucchini Squash and Potatoes © 2016 Heather Johnson
Adding the Corn Meal, Salt, and Egg to the Bowl © 2016 Heather Johnson
Shallot Potato Zucchini Fritters Batter © 2016 Heather Johnson
Adding the Shallot Potato Zucchini Fritters Batter to the Hot Olive Oil © 2016 Heather Johnson
Shallot Potato Zucchini Fritters with Plain Greek Yogurt © 2016 Heather Johnson