My daughter and I have been busy lately making red, white, and blue crafts for the summer months to match the red, white, and blue lights with which I decorate my living room. The patriotic colors are perfect from Memorial Day through Labor Day. To add to the patriotism, my daughter and I recently made some red, white, and blue fireworks using white cotton swabs and black paper.
- White cotton swabs
- Red, white, and blue acrylic paint
- Black construction paper
- Scrap cardboard or paper plate
- Use the scissors to cut the cottons swabs in half.
- Pour red, white, and blue paint on the scrap cardboard or paper plate.
- Dip the cotton end of each cotton swab half in the paint.
- Lay the paint-dipped cotton swabs on the black paper in circles.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
- Use glue to adhere any loose cotton swabs to the paper.
- Display the patriotic fireworks.
For more fun patriotic crafts, try my Patriotic Duck-oration Wreath, Deco Mesh Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Patriotic Star Wreath Craft, Star Person Craft, Patriotic Cup Lantern Craft, Patriotic Paper Lantern Craft, Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Paint Craft, Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft, and Patriotic Dish Brush Fireworks Paint Craft.
Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
White Cotton Swabs and Black Construction Paper © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Cotton Swabs in Half © 2016 Heather Johnson
Dipping the Cotton Swabs in Red, White, and Blue Paint © 2016 Heather Johnson
Creating Red, White, and Blue Fireworks with Cotton Swabs © 2016 Heather Johnson
Red, White, and Blue Cotton Swab Fireworks © 2016 Heather Johnson
Finished Patriotic Painted Cotton Swabs Fireworks Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson