- 2 cups of whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of half and half
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Combine the pumpkin, half and half, shredded mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper, sage, and turmeric in a mixing bowl.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the directions on the box. Do not overcook the pasta.
- Thoroughly drain the water from the cooked macaroni. Do not allow the pasta to cool.
- Place the cooked macaroni in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Pour the pumpkin and cheese mixture over the cooked macaroni.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook until 10 minutes or until slightly brown and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any uneaten pumpkin macaroni and cheese in a covered container.
Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese © 2012 Heather Johnson