- 1 small to medium white pumpkin
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 1/2 cups of skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 dash of cayenne
- Wash, peel, and core the pumpkin.
- Chop the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Place the pumpkin in a microwave safe bowl with a small amount of water.
- Microwave the pumpkin for 5 minute intervals until softened.
- Place the cooked pumpkin, celery, and milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended pumpkin to a large soup pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, cilantro, salt, and cayenne to the pan.
- Simmer over low heat until hot and bubbly. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten spicy white pumpkin soup.
Spicy White Pumpkin Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson
White Pumpkin on Stove © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cubed White Pumpkin © 2012 Heather Johnso
Cooked White Pumpkin © 2012 Heather Johnson
White Pumpkin Puree © 2012 Heather Johnson
Adding the Spices to the Pumpkin Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson
Finished Spicy White Pumpkin Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson