S is for sun! Help your toddler learn about the letter S by making a fun sun handprint craft.
- Yellow nontoxic paint
- Blank orange paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some yellow paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of yellow paint on your child’s hand.
- Press four handprints into the center of the paper with the fingers pointing out and the palms overlapping. Reapply the paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “S is for sun” in yellow on the paper.
For more fun summer craft ideas, try my Watermelon Paper Plate Toddler Craft, H Is for Hot Dog Paper Plate Craft, G Is for Grapes Handprint Craft, I Is for Ice Cream Footprint Craft, and S Is for Strawberry Handprint Craft.
S Is for Sun Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Yellow Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
One Yellow Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Two Yellow Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Three Yellow Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Four Yellow Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
S Is for Sun Handprint Craft 1 © 2014 Heather Johnson
S Is for Sun Handprint Craft 2 © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed S Is for Sun Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson