Connect
To Top

Snowy Owl Paper Plate Craft

Snowy Owl Paper Plate Craft

With cold winter weather upon us, my kids and I have been hard at work making crafts to pass the time away stuck indoors. One of our recent winter-themed crafts was a sparkly snowy owl made from plain paper plates.

Materials

Instructions

1. Cut a notch from the top of one of the paper plates. Discard the notch.
  2. Cut a second paper plate in half.
  3. Mix the glitter with the glue.
  4. Cover the fronts of the paper plates with the glitter glue.
  5. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
  6. Glue the notched plate to the top of the whole plate with the notch side up.
  7. Glue the plate halves to the sides of the whole plate with the flat sides up and out.
  8. Cut a square and two legs from the orange paper.
  9. Fold the orange square in half.
  10. Glue two large wiggle eyes to the top center of the notched plate.
  11. Glue the folded square under the eyes with the open side pointing down.
  12. Glue the two orange legs to the bottom of the whole plate.
  13. Display the paper plate snowy owl.

Three White Paper Plates Cutting the Paper Plates for the Snowy Owl Craft

Making Silver Glitter Glue Paper Plates Covered with Glitter Glue

Wiggle Eyes, Orange Owl Beak, and Two Orange Owl Legs Gluing Together the Glittered Paper Plates

Gluing the Owl Pieces on the Paper Plates Snowy Owl Paper Plate Craft

For more fun owl crafts, try my O Is for Owl Handprint Craft and Autumn Halloween Owl Footprint Craft.

Image Credits

Snowy Owl Paper Plate Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Three White Paper Plates © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Paper Plates for the Snowy Owl Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Making Silver Glitter Glue © 2015 Heather Johnson
Paper Plates Covered with Glitter Glue © 2015 Heather Johnson
Wiggle Eyes, Orange Owl Beak, and Two Orange Owl Legs © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing Together the Glittered Paper Plates © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Owl Pieces on the Paper Plates © 2015 Heather Johnson
Snowy Owl Paper Plate Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson

16 Comments

1. Carrie Allen

January 26, 2016 at 3:47 pm

This looks pretty cute and easy! It gets challenging to find things to do as the cold weather drags on. Thanks for the idea!

2. valmg

January 26, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Your crafts are always so cute. I like the way you put this together so the wings would move.

3. Samantha

January 26, 2016 at 8:57 pm

That’s very cute. It looks like something that a Pre-K class would enjoy.

4. Scott

January 26, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Turned out really cute! A couple small modifications and you could also have a great penguin!

5. Jennifer

January 27, 2016 at 7:51 am

That looks so great! I love seeing a paper plate craft that isn’t just a hand print on the plate. I used to do crafts like this with my daughter, and they were always a great bonding experience.

6. Sherisa // Raising Mothers

January 27, 2016 at 8:04 am

This is pretty cute! That shot of Elmer’s made me miss home for a minute. I should try this since my son is obsessed with owls.

7. Julie Wunder

January 27, 2016 at 4:37 pm

You have the cutest ideas! I love how simple this is and how it uses things you already have!

8. Liz Mays

January 27, 2016 at 6:43 pm

That’s so fun! We all have paper plates sitting around, so it’s easy to do on the fly too.

9. Katherine Gilbert

January 27, 2016 at 7:21 pm

I remember making these when I was in school. These are so cute!

10. Rebecca Swenor

January 27, 2016 at 8:08 pm

This snowy owl paper plate craft is an awesome idea. I used to love the paper plate crafts when I was a kid. This would be awesome to do with my great niece and nephew. Thanks for sharing the craft.

11. Esme Sy

January 28, 2016 at 12:53 am

That is so cute! My twin granddaughters will have doing this.

12. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

January 28, 2016 at 8:35 am

Super cute! I love doing crafts with my kiddos, and something like this would be perfect for us!

13. Danity Donnaly

January 28, 2016 at 8:04 pm

This is adorable. My kids love crafts so we are going to try this. Amber N

14. Ickle Pickle

January 29, 2016 at 1:27 pm

I love these – how cute! I would love to make them with my little boy. Kaz

15. tantip1

February 7, 2016 at 7:07 am

I love how you use paper plates to make different and unique crafts, I love this one.

16. Amber Ludwig

February 18, 2016 at 5:09 pm

We have such an affinity for owls in this house!! My grandma just adores them and she has spread her love through all of her kids and grandkids!! Can’t wait to make this one!

More in Blog

• Family Fun in Iowa: Iowa Children’s Museum

For my oldest daughter’s birthday last year, my family took an overnight trip to Iowa City to visit the Iowa Children’s...

Heather JohnsonMarch 20, 2019
  • Winter Craft Roundup

I love winter, but cold weather often means that my children and I get stuck inside. Crafts are a perfect activity...

Heather JohnsonJanuary 30, 2019
  • Felt Mistletoe Craft

Mistletoe is a leathery-leaved parasitic plant that bears white berries in the winter. Kissing under the mistletoe is a popular tradition...

Heather JohnsonDecember 17, 2018
  • Deco Mesh, Ribbon, and Mesh Tube Candy Cane Christmas Wreath Craft

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love adorning my house with all sorts of pretty decorations including wreaths....

Heather JohnsonDecember 3, 2018
  • How to Make Colored Decorating Sugar

I love baking during the holidays. Many of my favorite cookie recipes including my rolled sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, red...

Heather JohnsonDecember 2, 2018