I love cranberries, which are a perfect fruit during the holidays. This year for Christmas, I whipped up a batch of delicious sugared (candied) cranberries with a subtle orange flavor.
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped orange peel (no pith)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of sugar, divided
- Wash the cranberries.
- Combine the orange peel, water, 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat until right before boiling.
- Stir the cranberries into the sugar water.
- Transfer the cranberries and sugar water to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the cranberries at least 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175°.
- Drain the cranberries.
- Roll the drained cranberries in the remaining cup of sugar.
- Spread the sugared cranberries on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sugared cranberries for 2 hours.
- Store the sugared cranberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Sugared Cranberries Recipe © 2019 Heather Johnson
Orange Peel, Water, and Sugar for Sugared Cranberries © 2019 Heather Johnson
Cranberries in Sugar Water for Sugared Cranberries © 2019 Heather Johnson
Draining the Cranberries for Sugared Cranberries © 2019 Heather Johnson
Sugar for Sugared Cranberries © 2019 Heather Johnson
Unbaked Sugared Cranberries © 2019 Heather Johnson
Sugared Cranberries 1 © 2019 Heather Johnson
Sugared Cranberries 2 © 2019 Heather Johnson
Sugared Cranberries 3 © 2019 Heather Johnson