A is for apple! And apples make me think of autumn. September is still a month away, but I can hope that the heat of August goes by fast! My daughter and I have been busy making apple crafts recently in preparation for the upcoming change of the seasons. For a fun craft with your child, try making apple cores with toilet paper tubes, paint, construction paper, and pipe cleaners.
- Toilet paper tubes
- White and black paint
- Red construction paper
- Green pipe cleaners
- Paint the outside of the entire toilet paper tube white.
- Paint five black seeds around the center of the white toilet paper tube.
- Cut two large circles from the red construction paper.
- Glue the top and bottom of the toilet paper tube to the center of each red circle.
- Cut a two-inch piece of green pipe cleaner.
- Twist the pipe cleaner piece into ovals with a point at one end.
- Poke the pointed end of the pipe cleaner through the center of one red circle.
- Use a dollop of glue to secure the green pipe cleaner to the red circle.
- Display the toilet paper tube apple craft.
Toilet Paper Tube Apple Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Toilet Paper Tube and White Acrylic Paint © 2016 Heather Johnson
White Toilet Paper Tube and Red Construction Paper Circles © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Red Paper Circles to the White Toilet Paper Tube © 2016 Heather Johnson
Painting Black Seeds on the White Toilet Paper Tube 1 © 2016 Heather Johnson
Painting Black Seeds on the White Toilet Paper Tube 2 © 2016 Heather Johnson
Toilet Paper Tube Apple Crafts © 2016 Heather Johnson