My family and I love hummus. Making hummus at home is so much cheaper than buying prepackaged varieties from the store. Plus you can flavor your homemade hummus with any add-ins that you like. Most recently I made a delicious chunky sweet corn hummus with some seasoned salt for flavoring!
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 15.25-ounce can of whole sweet corn
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans and corn.
- Combine the garbanzo beans, corn, and water in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook the garbanzo beans and corn until most of the water boils away.
- Transfer the cooked garbanzo beans and corn to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and seasoned salt to the bowl.
- Mash or blend the hummus until mostly smooth but slightly chunky.
- Serve the hummus warm or cold with dippers.
- Refrigerate any uneaten chunky sweet corn hummus.
Chunky Sweet Corn Hummus Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Chunky Sweet Corn Hummus © 2016 Heather Johnson