I love feeding fresh vegetables to my family. At a recent produce sale at my local grocery store, I picked up a few zucchini squash. Because my family also loves my zucchini fries, I decided to modify my original Italian Parmesan zucchini fries recipe by switching out the Italian seasoning for garlic powder. My family loved my new garlic Parmesan zucchini squash fries!
- 2 zucchini squash or 1 small zucchini
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Crumb the slice of whole wheat bread in a blender or food processor.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and olive oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Slice the zucchini into one- to two-inch strips.
- Roll the zucchini strips in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the breaded zucchini strips on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten garlic Parmesan zucchini fries.
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries 1 © 2016 Heather Johnson
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries 2 © 2016 Heather Johnson