- 30 ounces of pumpkin puree
- 30 ounces of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 12 ounces of evaporated milk
- Mince the onion.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan.
- Add the onion, thyme, and basil to the butter.
- Sauté the onion mixture until the onions turn translucent.
- Combine the pumpkin and chicken broth in a large soup pan.
- Add the sautéed onion mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the whole milk and evaporated milk to the pumpkin mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Heat the pumpkin bisque over low heat until hot and bubbly. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the pumpkin bisque hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten pumpkin bisque.
Pumpkin Bisque © 2013 Heather Johnson