Connect
To Top

Snowman Snow Globe Craft

Snowman Snow Globe Craft

I absolutely adore making crafts with my kids, especially around the holidays. As my daughter continues to work on her fine motor skills, she has become more and more adept at wielding her safety scissors. Last winter, she and I made a simple but fun snowman snow globe craft, and she cut out all the paper pieces all by herself!

Materials

• White, blue, and black construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • White, black, and orange paint
  • Cotton swabs
  • Scrap cardboard

Instructions

1. Cut the blue paper into a large snow globe shape.
  2. Glue the blue snow globe on a sheet of white paper.
  3. Pour some white paint on the scrap cardboard.
  4. Use a cotton swab to dab white dots into the circle of the blue snow globe.
  5. Cut some white paper into two circles, one large and one small.
  6. Glue the white circles in the circle of the blue snow globe to form a snowman.
  7. Cut the black paper into a hat.
  8. Glue the black hat on top of the snowman.
  9. Pour some black paint on the scrap cardboard.
  10. Use a cotton swab to paint eyes, a mouth, buttons, and arms on the snowman.
  11. Pour some orange paint on the crap cardboard.
  12. Use a cotton swab to paint a nose on the snowman.

Snowman Snow Globe Craft

For more fun snowman crafts, try my Cotton Swab Painted Snowman Craft, Footprint Snowman Craft, and Paper Chain Snowman Craft.

Image Credits

Snowman Snow Globe Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Snowman Snow Globe Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson

15 Comments

1. Tabitha Luczak

January 10, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Another fun snowman craft!! We will be doing this one next 🙂

2. Scott

January 10, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Isn’t it amazing what kids can come up with on their own? Sometime I have to wonder where they get it from!

3. Maggie King

January 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm

This is so adorable! Can’t wait until my little one is old enough to do these crafts!

4. Michele

January 11, 2016 at 12:27 am

This looks like a fun craft. I’m impressed that your daughter can use a scissor and cut those shapes out by herself!

5. Eileen Mendoza Loya

January 11, 2016 at 3:54 am

All the snowman crafts and other creative ideas you have been featuring are all fun activities. I no longer have small children but I will definitely share your posts to friends and family who have young children.

6. Liz Mays

January 11, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Dabbing on the snow with the cotton swab would be so fun for kids. This is so adorable!

7. Life as a Convert

January 11, 2016 at 8:33 pm

I had something similar pinned, but never got around to making it. This is cute!

8. Danity Donnaly

January 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm

That is so beautiful. I love everything about snow globes and snowmen. Amber N

9. CourtneyLynne Storms

January 11, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Ong what a fun craft!!!! My daughter would love this. So need to do this with her 🙂

10. Ashley Chassereau Parks

January 12, 2016 at 6:45 pm

I love making holiday crafts with my kids too! We’ve been doing a lot of snowmen crafts and activities now that its a bit colder and its after Christmas! This is such a cute idea! I may have to steal it to try with my kids this week!

11. Maria - Tough Cookie Mommy

January 12, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I love spending time with the kids creating beautiful things. This is such a cute and creative craft.

12. Sandra Shaffer

January 12, 2016 at 11:02 pm

So creative! You can really let an imagination go wild with creating a snow scene!

13. The Cornish Zebra

January 15, 2016 at 1:08 am

This is so cute! Will go on our to-do list 🙂

14. Scott

February 17, 2016 at 3:03 pm

What a great craft for the summer! There’s too much snow on the ground for it to be fun in the winter!

15. Jessy @ The Life Jolie

February 17, 2016 at 3:59 pm

What a cute project! I love it!

More in Blog

• Family Fun in Iowa: Iowa Children’s Museum

For my oldest daughter’s birthday last year, my family took an overnight trip to Iowa City to visit the Iowa Children’s...

Heather JohnsonMarch 20, 2019
  • Winter Craft Roundup

I love winter, but cold weather often means that my children and I get stuck inside. Crafts are a perfect activity...

Heather JohnsonJanuary 30, 2019
  • Felt Mistletoe Craft

Mistletoe is a leathery-leaved parasitic plant that bears white berries in the winter. Kissing under the mistletoe is a popular tradition...

Heather JohnsonDecember 17, 2018
  • Deco Mesh, Ribbon, and Mesh Tube Candy Cane Christmas Wreath Craft

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love adorning my house with all sorts of pretty decorations including wreaths....

Heather JohnsonDecember 3, 2018
  • How to Make Colored Decorating Sugar

I love baking during the holidays. Many of my favorite cookie recipes including my rolled sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, red...

Heather JohnsonDecember 2, 2018