I love making seasonal crafts with my kiddos. Last year in preparation for Christmas and winter, my daughter and I made some simple but fun paper chain snowmen to hang around the house.
- Black and white paper
- Black and orange markers
- Cut the white paper into three strips.
- Cut the black paper into one strip and one circle.
- Glue the black strip into a loop.
- Glue the black loop onto the black circle.
- Form a paper chain by gluing the three white strips together.
- Draw a snowman face on the top white loop.
- Draw three black coal buttons on the middle white loop.
- Glue the black hat on top of the top white loop.
- Poke two holes in the sides of the black hat.
- Thread some yarn through the holes.
- Tie the yarn to form a loop.
- Hang the snowman from the yarn to display.
Paper Chain Snowman Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
White Paper Strips, Black Paper Strips, and Black Paper Circles © 2014 Heather Johnson
Snowman Faces on White Paper Strips © 2014 Heather Johnson
Creating the First Paper Ring © 2014 Heather Johnson
White Paper Chains © 2014 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Black Paper Hats © 2014 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Hats to the Paper Chains © 2014 Heather Johnson
Paper Chain Snowmen © 2014 Heather Johnson