I love making fun crafts with my daughter, especially crafts that reinforce our recent homeschool lessons. Recently my daughter and I made toilet paper roll butterflies with wings decorated with letters and numbers.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Construction paper
- Pipe cleanerss
- Foam letters and numbers
- Craft sticks
- Wiggle eyes
- Cut construction paper to cover the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the construction paper to the toilet paper roll.
- Cut butterfly wings from another piece of construction paper.
- Glue the wings to the toilet paper roll.
- Decorate the wings with the foam letters and numbers
- Piece a small hole in the top center front of the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a piece of pipe cleaner in half.
- Thread the pipe cleaner half through the hole and twist to secure.
- Glue two wiggle eyes on the toilet paper roll under the pipe cleaner.
- Draw a mouth under the eyes with a marker.
- Glue a craft stick to the inside bottom of the toilet paper roll.
- Display the butterfly craft in a vase or flower pot.
Toilet Paper Roll Alphabet and Number Butterfly Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Toilet Paper Roll Alphabet and Number Butterflies © 2015 Heather Johnson