Once the weather turns cooler, I love making warm soups for my family. During the fall, one of my favorite flavors is pumpkin. For a delicious and healthy autumn soup, I combined zucchini, pumpkin, and potatoes into a delicious harvest pumpkin and zucchini soup.
- 3 cups of unpeeled cubed zucchini
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 15 ounce can of potatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- Combine the zucchini, pumpkin, potatoes with juices, chicken broth, olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a large soup pan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until the zucchini begins to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Transfer the soup in small batches to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to a large soup pan.
- Add the milk and basil to the soup.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until hot.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten harvest pumpkin and zucchini soup.
Harvest Pumpkin and Zucchini Soup Recipe © 2012 Heather Johnson
Zucchini © 2012 Heather Johnson
Cubed Zucchini © 2012 Heather Johnson
Zucchini, Pumpkin, and Potatoes © 2012 Heather Johnson
Blending the Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson
Zucchini, Pumpkin, and Potato Puree © 2012 Heather Johnson
Harvest Pumpkin and Zucchini Soup © 2012 Heather Johnson