- My Experiences with Placentophagy and Placenta Encapsulation
If you are squeamish about the mere thought of a woman eating her placenta, I advise you to stop reading now....BlogApril 7, 2020
- The Word ‘another’ Is Not an Adjective
If I had to pick a single grammar topic to focus on for the rest of my life, I would likely...English DeterminersMarch 6, 2020
- Zero Phones and Markers: Not All Letters Spell Sounds
Writing is not sounds written down. The primary function of English spelling is to represent meaning. Sounds do matter, but not...InformationFebruary 29, 2020
- Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is an inexpensive and filling meal. My family literally devoured my most recent recipe. (There were no leftovers, and I...RecipesFebruary 24, 2020
- Is “Some Years Back” Grammatically Correct?
Earlier today I came across a tweet that argued against the use of the word back in the phrase some years...English PrepositionsFebruary 4, 2020
- Why Are <talk>, <walk>, and <stalk> Spelled with <l>?
Yesterday I introduced my 5-year-old to the words <talk> and <walk>. He knows that graphemes can spell sounds, specifically that <l>...InformationFebruary 3, 2020
- Why Is <broad> Spelled with the <oa> Digraph?
Yesterday I posted on my social media about the spelling of the word <broad>. I just introduced the <oa> grapheme to...InformationJanuary 23, 2020
- Word Matrix: Leve
I always misspell the word <relevant> as <*relavant> based on a thinking that <relevant> is related to <relative>. I recently decided...InformationJanuary 22, 2020
- <*tion> Is Not an English Suffix
<*tion> is not an English suffix. I repeat: <*tion> is not an English suffix. I previously wrote a post entitled The...InformationJanuary 17, 2020
- <Urine> and My Phonics Phail
I grew up in the 1990s. I entered kindergarten in 1990 and began learning to read that year. Phonics and sight...InformationJanuary 15, 2020