I love baking dozens and dozens of Christmas cookies every holiday season. I especially enjoy making rolled cookies that I cut with my ever-growing collection of cookie cutters. In addition to my butter cookies and sugar cookies, this year I added a new recipe to baking bonanza. My rolled almond vanilla cookies are light and crispy, perfect with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa on a cold winter day.
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the sugar, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Combine the baking soda and whole wheat flour in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Roll the dough in a fourth-inch sheet on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough using holiday cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet.
- Store the rolled almond vanilla cookies in an airtight container.
Rolled Almond Vanilla Cookies Recipe © 2016 Heather Johnson
Rolling and Cutting the Rolled Almond Vanilla Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson
Rolled Almond Vanilla Cookies © 2016 Heather Johnson