When I was younger, I loved sculpting with oven-bake clay. Now that my daughter and I are busy making Christmas crafts for our home, I have introduced her to the medium as well. She and I recently made some adorable Christmas scenes using upcycled baby food jars and Sculpey Clay.
- Glass baby food jars
- Sculpey Clay
- Remove the labels from the baby food jars.
- Clean the jars thoroughly.
- Use the clay to create holiday scenes in the clean jars.
- Heat the oven to 275°.
- Bake the clay in the jars for 15 minutes for every 1/4 inch of thickness.
- Allow the clay to cool thoroughly.
- Screw the lids on the jars.
- Display the Christmas scenes.
For more fun Christmas crafts, try my Salt Dough Ornaments, Paper Christmas Ornament Craft, Christmas Tree Popsicle Stick Ornament Craft, Pinecone Christmas Tree Craft, and Construction Paper Christmas Stocking Craft.
Clay Christmas Scene Jar Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Glass Baby Food Jars and Sculpey Clay © 2015 Heather Johnson
Molding the White Clay into Balls © 2015 Heather Johnson
Sculpey Clay Snowman © 2015 Heather Johnson
Molding a Clay Christmas Tree © 2015 Heather Johnson
Clay Christmas Scenes in Glass Jars © 2015 Heather Johnson
Clay Christmas Scene Jar Crafts © 2015 Heather Johnson