Do you send out holiday cards? This year as part of our holiday crafting spree, my daughter and I made some handmade Christmas tree holiday cards using pipe cleaners and beads. She and I used sparkly green pipe cleaners for a more festive feel, but you can use regular green pipe cleaner as well. I also bent my pipe cleaners into a more traditional Christmas tree shape while my preschooler daughter chose a more abstract interpretation for her cards.
- Green pipe cleaners
- White paper
- Small beads
- Yellow foam star stickers
- Cut the white paper in half.
- Bend one or two pipe cleaners into the shape of a Christmas tree with smaller sections on top and larger sections on the bottom.
- Spread glue on the back of the bent pipe cleaners.
- Glue the pipe cleaners to the paper.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on top of the card and place a heavy object on top while the glue dries to ensure a tight, even bond.
- Use glue to decorate the pipe cleaner Christmas trees with small beads.
- Place a yellow foam star sticker at the top of each Christmas tree.
For more fun Christmas tree craft ideas, try my Christmas Tree Handprint-Fingerprint Craft, Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft, Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Craft, Beaded Yarn Christmas Tree Craft, Paper Plate Wall Christmas Tree Craft, and Pinecone Christmas Tree Craft.
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Card Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Supplies for Pipe Cleaner Christmas Cards © 2015 Heather Johnson
Bending the Green Pipe Cleaners © 2015 Heather Johnson
Spreading Glue on the Bent Green Pipe Cleaners © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Bent Green Pipe Cleaners to the Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Decorating the Pipe Cleaner Trees with Beads © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Cards © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Card © 2015 Heather Johnson