Of all the crafts that I make with my children, I love the handprint and footprint crafts the best because I get to lock a tiny piece of my little ones in time. For a fun winter-themed craft, my kiddos and I made “Cold Hands Warm Heart” handprint crafts last January.
- Pour some paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of white paint on each of your child’s palms.
- Press the handprints onto the construction paper.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hands.
- Cut out the dried handprints from the paper leaving a border in the shape of a mitten.
- Cut a large heart from red or pink construction paper.
- Glue the mittens onto the heart.
- Glue the heart onto a full sheet of paper.
- Cut cotton balls in half.
- Glue the cotton balls on the wrists of the mittens.
- Write “Cold Hands, Warm Heart” across the top of the heart.
For more fun craft ideas, try my Construction Paper Christmas Stocking Craft and Hot Chocolate Construction Paper Craft. For another fun heart craft, try my Valentine’s Day Paper Plate Cow Craft, Valentine’s Day Heart Butterfly Craft, Valentine’s Day Heart Snail Craft, Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Wreath Craft, or Construction Paper Valentines Craft.
Cold Hands Warm Heart Handprint Craft © 2015 Heather Johnson
Purple Construction Paper, Pink Paint, and Cotton Balls © 2015 Heather Johnson
Pink Handprints on Purple Construction Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Construction Paper Mittens with Handprints © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Paper Mittens on Construction Paper Hearts © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Heart on White Paper © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cutting the Cotton Balls in Half © 2015 Heather Johnson
Gluing the Cotton Ball Halves on the Mittens © 2015 Heather Johnson
Writing “Cold Hands Warm Heart” on the Hearts © 2015 Heather Johnson
Cold Hands Warm Heart Handprint Crafts © 2015 Heather Johnson