I is for ibex! Help your toddler learn about the letter I by making a fun ibex handprint craft.
- Dark brown and light brown nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some light brown paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of light brown paint on your child’s hand.
- Press the handprint onto the paper with the fingers open.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Pour some dark brown paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of dark brown paint on your child’s fingertip.
- Press a dark brown fingertip print under the light brown thumbprint and another dark brown fingertip print extending from the handprint opposite the thumb. Reapply the paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s finger.
- Use a paintbrush to paint a dark brown eye in the center of the thumbprint and a curved ibex antler extending from the top of the thumbprint.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “I is for ibex” in dark brown on the paper.
For more fun animal crafts, try my M Is for Monkey Handprint Craft, I Is for Impala Handprint Craft, C Is for Camel Handprint Craft, C Is for Cat Handprint and Footprint Craft, H Is for Horse Handprint Craft, Y Is for Yak Handprint Craft, and H Is for Hedgehog Handprint Craft.
I Is for Ibex Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Light Brown and Dark Brown Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
One Light Brown Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding Dark Brown Fingertip Prints to the Light Brown Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Painting on the Ibex Antlers and Eye © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished I Is for Ibex Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed I Is for Ibex Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson