- 2 5-ounce cans of pink salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Use a food processor to crumb the whole wheat bread.
- Combine the bread crumbs, eggs, onion powder, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the pink salmon to the bread crumb mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour a thin layer of vegetable oil in the bottom of a frying pan.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon 1/4 cup patties into the hot oil.
- Cook the salmon patties in the hot oil for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the cooked salmon cakes from the oil onto a paper towel.
- Serve the salmon cakes hot.
- Refrigerate any uneaten salmon cakes.
Salmon Cakes © 2015 Heather Johnson