J is for jellyfish! Help your toddler learn about the letter J by making a fun jellyfish handprint craft.
- Pink and blue nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some pink paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of pink paint on your child’s hand excluding the thumb.
- Press the thumb-less handprint into the center of the paper with the fingers pointing down.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Pour some blue paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of blue paint on your child’s fingertip.
- Press blue fingerprints around the pink handprint. Reapply the blue paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s finger.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “J is for jellyfish” in blue on the paper.
For another fun jellyfish craft, try my Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft. For more fun water creature craft ideas, try my O Is for Octopus Handprint Craft, O Is for Oyster Paper Plate Craft, C Is for Crab Handprint Craft, L Is for Lobster Handprint-Footprint Craft, Paper Plate Octopus Craft, and Paper Plate Fish Craft.
J Is for Jellyfish Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Pink and Blue Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
One Pink Handprint Without Thumb © 2014 Heather Johnson
Adding Blue Fingerprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished J Is for Jellyfish Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed J Is for Jellyfish Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson