Connect
To Top

Valentine’s Day ‘I’m Falling for You’ Handprint Tree Craft

Valentine's Day 'I'm Falling for You' Handprint Tree Craft

My kiddos and I have had a blast the past few weeks making crafts for Valentine’s Day. As our final craft for the holiday, we made some adorably simple “I’m Falling for You” handprint trees made from old magazine pages.

Materials

Instructions

1. Trace a handprint with arm on a page of the magazine with predominantly green colors.
  2. Cut out the handprint with arm.
  3. Cut hearts from pages of the magazine with predominantly red and pink colors.
  4. Glue the handprint with arm to the bottom of a full sheet of construction paper.
  5. Glue the hearts around the fingers of the handprint with a few hearts falling down toward the bottom of the paper.
  6. Write “I’m falling for you” across the bottom of the paper.

Materials for Valentine's Day 'I'm Falling for You' Handprint Tree Craft Cutting Handprints for Valentine's Day 'I'm Falling for You' Handprint Tree Craft

Assembling the Valentine's Day 'I'm Falling for You' Handprint Tree Craft Valentine's Day 'I'm Falling for You' Handprint Tree Craft

For more fun tree crafts, try my Four Seasons Handprint Trees Craft and T Is for Tree Handprint-Footprint Craft. For another fun Valentine craft, try my Valentine’s Day Paper Plate Cow Craft, Valentine’s Day Heart Butterfly Craft, Valentine’s Day Heart Snail Craft, Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Wreath Craft, or Construction Paper Valentines Craft.

Image Credits

Materials for Valentine’s Day ‘I’m Falling for You’ Handprint Tree Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting Handprints for Valentine’s Day ‘I’m Falling for You’ Handprint Tree Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Assembling the Valentine’s Day ‘I’m Falling for You’ Handprint Tree Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson

21 Comments

1. Emily

February 12, 2016 at 10:18 am

This is another great Valentine’s idea. This might be something I will have my girls do this weekend. Or save for next year if need be!

2. Roxy Crenshaw

February 12, 2016 at 11:52 am

These are adorable! I think the kids I usually babysit for are a little too old for this, BUT I’ll definitely keep this in mind for the younger ones. Thanks for sharing.

xo,
    Roxy

3. Jess Benoit

February 12, 2016 at 12:01 pm

This Valentine’s Day craft is so cute and I love that it can be a keepsake as well!

4. maria @ close to home

February 12, 2016 at 12:45 pm

I remember when my kids would cut up magazines. What a great project to recyle them for Valentines day.

5. MELISASource

February 12, 2016 at 1:28 pm

This is a super adorable craft. I love crafts that use hands or feet, because they’re a great visual of how tiny our kids were before they became adults.

6. Julie S Kalungi

February 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Awww how absolutely cute that falling for you hand print is. I dont even know when I last cut out magazines and did cute stuff with them. We use do try papier mache now we just buy cards,….boring right lol!

7. Lee Allport

February 12, 2016 at 2:16 pm

My kids are past the craft age but these are adorable enough to send to my cousin who is a craft master!

8. Barely Vegan

February 12, 2016 at 3:50 pm

This is soooo cute and creative!! I would love to do this if I had children.

9. Anamika Ojha

February 12, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Awn…that looks so cute. The kids will love this.

10. Karina - My Letters of Transit

February 12, 2016 at 7:02 pm

This is an adorable project! I’ll have to try it with my nieces and nephews, they would love making these!

11. Star Traci

February 12, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Super cute! I want to do this with my kids to keep for me as well as give out. The grandparents would really love this!
    🙂
    Traci

12. Amber Ludwig

February 12, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Oh my!! These are just gorgeous!! Would make great decor!!

13. valmg

February 13, 2016 at 12:02 am

This is super cute! What a fun and creative project for kids to do to show how they feel to their loved ones!

14. Hannah Malanga

February 13, 2016 at 6:59 am

Aww these are lovely. I may have to get L to do these for his aunties and grandparents

15. Migdalia aka @MsLatina

February 14, 2016 at 3:14 am

What a cool Valentine’s Day craft! It would also work so well for a dream board ?

16. AmberTackles

February 14, 2016 at 7:52 pm

This is very cute!

17. Mardene Carr

February 14, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Okay guys you are really putting me to shame…this is very creative

• Heather Johnson

February 15, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I may not like to play, but I sure love to craft with my kiddos!

18. Brianna

February 14, 2016 at 11:09 pm

awww I like the personal touch of the hand shadow. Super cute.

19. Stacey Werner

February 15, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Hand print trees? Such a cute and creative idea!

20. Edna Williams

March 8, 2016 at 11:19 am

This would make an adorable project! So great! Thanks for sharing!

More in Blog

• Family Fun in Iowa: Iowa Children’s Museum

For my oldest daughter’s birthday last year, my family took an overnight trip to Iowa City to visit the Iowa Children’s...

Heather JohnsonMarch 20, 2019
  • Winter Craft Roundup

I love winter, but cold weather often means that my children and I get stuck inside. Crafts are a perfect activity...

Heather JohnsonJanuary 30, 2019
  • Felt Mistletoe Craft

Mistletoe is a leathery-leaved parasitic plant that bears white berries in the winter. Kissing under the mistletoe is a popular tradition...

Heather JohnsonDecember 17, 2018
  • Deco Mesh, Ribbon, and Mesh Tube Candy Cane Christmas Wreath Craft

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love adorning my house with all sorts of pretty decorations including wreaths....

Heather JohnsonDecember 3, 2018
  • How to Make Colored Decorating Sugar

I love baking during the holidays. Many of my favorite cookie recipes including my rolled sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, red...

Heather JohnsonDecember 2, 2018