Making handmade valentines is much more fun than buying premade cards from the store. For one of our Valentine’s Day crafts this year, my daughter and I made some adorable “Bee Mine” valentines. My daughter especially enjoyed practicing her scissor skills when she cut out the many hearts for the project.
- Black, yellow, pink, and red construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Black marker
- Cut two hearts from the black paper and two hearts from the yellow paper. Make all four hearts equal in size.
- Cut two medium hearts, two small hearts, and two tiny hearts from the pink paper.
- Glue the medium pink hearts to the back of a black heart with the points on the inside.
- Glue the black and yellow hearts on the red paper in a vertical stack starting with a plain black heart on the bottom.
- Use the black marker to draw two antennae on top of the top yellow heart and a mouth on the bottom front of the top yellow heart.
- Glue the small hearts to the ends of the antennae.
- Glue the tiny hearts to the ends of the mouth.
- Glue two wiggle eyes above the mouth.
- Write ‘Bee Mine’ across the lower yellow heart.
For another fun bee craft, try my B Is for Bumblebee Footprint Craft. For another fun Valentine craft, try my ‘You’re the Pepperoni in My Pizza’ Valentine’s Day Craft, Pompom Love Monsters Craft, Torn Paper Valentine Craft, Heart Person Craft, Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Wreath Craft, or Construction Paper Valentines Craft.
Materials for ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Cutting Hearts for ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
Gluing the ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson
‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day Craft © 2016 Heather Johnson