U is for urchin! Help your toddler learn about the letter U by making a fun urchin handprint craft.
- Green nontoxic paint
- Blank paper
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Pour some green paint onto the cardboard.
- Use a cotton ball to spread a thin layer of green paint on your child’s hand.
- Press four handprints into the center of the paper with the fingers pointing out and the palms overlapping. Reapply the paint as needed.
- Wash the paint off your child’s hand.
- Use a paintbrush to paint “U is for urchin” in green on the paper.
For another fun urchin craft, try my Paper Plate Underwater Urchin Craft and Sponge Urchin Craft. For more fun water creature craft ideas, try my Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft, O Is for Octopus Handprint Craft, O Is for Oyster Paper Plate Craft, C Is for Crab Handprint Craft, L Is for Lobster Handprint-Footprint Craft, Paper Plate Octopus Craft, and Paper Plate Fish Craft.
U Is for Urchin Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Green Acrylic Paint © 2014 Heather Johnson
One Green Handprint © 2014 Heather Johnson
Two Green Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Three Green Handprints © 2014 Heather Johnson
Finished U Is for Urchin Handprint Craft © 2014 Heather Johnson
Completed U Is for Urchin Handprint Craft © 2017 Heather Johnson